Friday, May 28, 2010

chiquitita.

Ender and I listened to some Abba in the truck today, but not enough.

We drove three hours or so to find safety goggles, a hard hat, and coveralls for me. Oh! And we bought workman's boots, which feel weird on my feet. I guess that's because I am not used to real work. And then we got super lost for a while, and then it turns out it was too windy to spray anyway.

So. Nine hours of work, and most of it (all of it?) was spent catching up, eating Subway sandwiches, and listening to a mix of Abba, Spoon, The Faint, and Chuck Klosterman talking about Abba. Not too bad. Apparently, next week, we will be driving that same truck, doing the same thing, but in Wyoming probably.

Utah is strange, but not in a bad way. I feel like a foreigner. People ride their motorcycles without helmets here, because it's legal.


No comments: