Monday, September 8, 2008

Discount sale on gargoyles.

A recipe for an excellent parisian evening:

First, un voyage à la supermarché. (Flight of the Conchords reference... sort of...). We bought (Nous avons acheté) du jambon (ham), cheese (la fromage), du pain (bread), avocat (avocado), and chocolate (chocolate).

Then we ate that and listened to Lindstrom in Ariane's apartment.

Then, add Charlotte, who lived in San Francisco for her teenage years and therefore has a perfect american accent when she speaks english. We went to a bar for wine and conversation.

Add Philou, Marie, and Jane. Drink and talk a little, go outside and smoke a little.

This was the evening, and it was good fun. I think my favorite part of the evening was talking to Jane, who speaks very little english, and trying to get her to understand my terrible French. I told her that Ariane said she was a "chanseuse" which means "lucky one". I meant "chanteuse", which is singer. But perhaps she is lucky too, who am I to say?

I also bought a baby dragon. And took the metro by myself at 1 AM.

Oh! And we got those Herman Dune tickets.

1 comment:

Petunia said...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g5nGPtmoUVIJDgehVJ_snD6vDA6gD933EDO00

If we really are about to collapse into a growing Swiss blackhole, I'm glad you can enjoy your remaining existence having so much fun. But if someone suggests a trip to Switzerland... now probably isn't the best time.