Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ersatz

Here is what you do: go into youtube, type julien doré, and click the song "les limites". Done?

Okay good. Now we are listening to the same music.

I got lost near the Eiffel Tower yesterday, and used everything I could remember from French class to talk to Yanne at breakfast and order a coffee for when I was lost.

Ariane and I walked the streets of Paris again, and I think my eyes were cast upward most of the time. Although, I also looked down to not get hit by one of the many tiny cars of Paris. Vintage Mini Coopers are commonplace. L'Arc de Triomphe is quite stunning... as architecture and as a miserably intense traffic pattern.

In a café that I cannot remember the name of we met many people, and one dog who wanted attention and would get it by lumbering into the cafe and sticking his nose in people's laps. His name was Gum.

And we watched terrible short films projected onto a screen in a parisian park.

and I bought the CD of that guy I had you search for at the beginning.

4 comments:

SCDad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

fixed all that.

imitationGIdget said...

tu as oublie tout ton francais? trop triste, mon frere. je souhaite je pouvoir etre avec toi. alors, prennez beaucoup des photos.....and don't forget that you have to see everything with two sets of eyes, mine and yours. always in my thoughts....

Mrs. H said...

FYI-(I'm not reading your blog to find your errors.)Take pictures and post them...Keep on practicing your French; it is good to be a listener.